Oct 20, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies with soft centers - Printable Recipe


This is a most excellent recipe; 
chocolate chip cookies with crisp edges 
and soft, chewy middles that stay soft!




Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar, granulated 
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts, chopped

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C.)
Cream together butter & sugars until smooth.
Beat in one egg at a time, then stir in vanilla.
Dissolve baking soda in hot water, add to batter.
Stir in salt, flour, chocolate chips and nuts.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased pans;
makes 4 dozen.

Bake 10 minutes or until edges start to brown.

Posted by Maria Matter @Five Simple Things.
Recipe originally found at allrecipes.com 




In my photo, I substituted 1¾ cups of mini chocolate chips
because that's what I had on hand & I omitted the walnuts,
my DH is not a fan of nuts.

This is my new favorite cookie recipe,
I love that it stays soft. Enjoy.

Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'



scroll down to see where I'll be sharing today's post.

1 comment:

  1. I love cookies & cupcakes!! shhh! That's my weakness!!
    I will omit the walnuts also. Not a big fan of it either!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy hearing from you!
Blessings, Maria