Jul 13, 2016

my "But for the Grace of God" bench - Home Decor





Quite a few years ago, my eldest son 
(with a wee bit of help from my carpenter husband) 
made me a lovely bench for Christmas.

He left it unfinished so I could 
paint it to match where ever I 
wanted to use it...so sweet.




It's a beautiful bench, buttery smooth
and I debated whether to just leave it
as is.

Then I was inspired...

Keith Urban 2016
by a Keith Urban song, 
It was a #1 hit back in 2001
but it's one of my favorites
from him.




I originally used my Cricut to 
cut out a stencil but had major
issues with placement and paint
getting underneath it...what a mess.

So I pretty much free-handed it.
Sketching the letters with pencil,
painting with acrylic then using a 
sharpie marker to even out where 
my hand was unsteady. whew!




Determination always succeeds!


Hope you're having a great day.
Blessings!




scroll down to see where I'll be sharing today's post.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! You have some talented family members, Maria! That bench is beautiful! When you said "buttery"... that's just what I was thinking because it looks so smooth and so utterly perfect. I absolutely love it! And love Your beautiful verse, too. The stenciling looks perfect. Cannot believe you did that free hand! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome job on the lettering, Maria! Your bench is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy hearing from you!
Blessings, Maria